Toronto, ON, February 1, 2014 – Spring is just around the corner. Clek, the award-winning car seat manufacturer known for its ease-of-use and modern design, shares a few simple suggestions for how to clean and refresh your child’s car seat.
Clek car seats are designed using cutting edge Crypton fabric, guaranteed to resist whatever your child might throw at it (or throw up on it). It is a specially engineered fabric system with an integrated moisture barrier that promises, and delivers, permanent performance. Crypton is committed to being as environmentally responsible as possible, and is GREENGUARD Gold Select Certified. The fabric is encapsulated to resist stains, odors, bacteria and mildew to help protect and maintain the value of your investment. It repels all liquids and stains, and is durable to cleaning with a variety of cleaners, but you can also simply clean using soap and water.
Restore some order to your ride…even if just for a few moments, with these easy tips.
CLEK’S EASY CAR SEAT CLEANING TIPS:
- When it comes to your child’s car seat, safety is always first, so be sure not to use any harsh chemical cleaning products, soaps or scrubs.
- Avoid disassembling the seat itself and do not wash any straps or detachable devices in the washing machine (this can cause deterioration, and potentially damage your car seat). A damp cloth may be used on the straps.
- Mix two cups of warm water with one teaspoon of enzyme laundry detergent (e.g. Nature Clean or Tide Free) to form a mixture that works well on most stains.
- Follow these simple steps to spot cleaning your messy seat:
- Remove excess soil (can use a soft brush or a vacuum)
- Apply the soap mixture to the stained area
- Agitate stain with a soft brush
- Allow solution to remain on stain for one minute
- Blot up the stain with a dry, white towel
- Thoroughly rinse any remaining soap (can use a spray bottle with water to do this) and blot the area again
- Repeat if necessary
- Go the extra mile with a do-it-yourself, organic, fabric refresher spray:
- Fill a spray bottle with a diluted vinegar and water solution
- Add half a teaspoon of essential oil (whichever your preference, can even mix them to create a custom scent)
- Add half a teaspoon of vegetable glycerin, to help emulsify the essential oil(s)
- Move harness straps to the side so as not spray them
If your child loves to snack, gets car sick, or has reflux, you’ll love Clek’s fleet of car seats since they’re so easy to clean!
Clek, based in Toronto, Canada, provides modern safety products for today’s families on the go. Utilizing contemporary styling cues and advanced engineering techniques, Clek products excel in both form and function. With simple innovative solutions, Clek products are designed to make life easier without sacrificing style or safety. Clek’s Foonf is a 2012 winner of the JPMA Innovation Award. Clek® and Foonf® are registered trademarks of Clek Inc. Crypton® is a registered trademark of Crypton, LLC. tokidoki® is a registered trademark of Simone Legno.